Academy of Educators
The mission of the Academy of Educators (AOE) is to nurture the growth of a skilled, knowledgeable, innovative, and mutually supportive community of educators at the North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM).
Specific goals include:
- To develop and sustain a community of skilled educators
- To create communities of practice in education
- To encourage innovation in education
- To promote, recognize and celebrate excellence in education
- To enhance the quality of veterinary educators
- To encourage and cultivate research and scholarship in education
Scope and Philosophy
We recognize the importance of a broad community of educators in the CVM. Therefore, the Academy is open to all members of the CVM community who take part in educational activities, such as faculty, staff, house officers, postdoctoral scholars, graduate students, and DVM students. Membership in the Academy does not require current or future alignment with a specific educational role, as all members of the CVM community contribute to the educational mission in a number of important and varied ways.
Moreover, we recognize that education is a broad field that informs a wide range of activities including, but not limited to, curricular and instructional design, assessment and evaluation of learning and performance, classroom and clinical teaching, advising and mentoring, providing feedback, educating clients, administration and leadership, and professional conduct.
Membership in the Academy provides numerous professional and personal rewards, including:
- Exposure to best practices in education research and practices
- Recognition as an educator who demonstrates a commitment to excellence in education
- Eligibility to receive additional financial support for research and travel opportunities relating to education
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with educators at the CVM, NCSU, and other universities
Read more about us in our